South Street Medical Centre
Our doctors and facilities
South Street Medical Centre is a modern family practice clinic with 11 Doctor’s rooms. All our doctors have broad experience in general practice and they take a comprehensive and quality approach to family medicine issues. Their commitment to ongoing professional development means that they are up-to-date with the all the latest developments in medicine.
We also have a purpose-built and modern treatment room with facilities to cater for a wide range of minor procedures such as the treatment of wounds, immunisation and vaccinations, skin checks and treatments, acute asthma attacks and so on.
AppointmentsPlease ring (08) 9337 7888 for an appointment. Every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred time and GP.
- Emergencies will always be given priority and our reception staff will attempt to contact you if there is any unforeseen delay or in the event that your GP has been called away.
- Longer consultation times are available, so please ask our receptionists if you require some extra time. If you or a family member requires an interpreter service, we can organise this for you. Please let us know when you make the appointment.
- Please bring with you all relevant letters and test results from other Doctors.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment and need to cancel or reschedule, this must be done at least one hour before your appointment. A missed appointment will be subject to a $30 dishonour fee.
- If more than one person in the family needs to see the Doctor, please ensure that a separate appointment is made for each member.
- Please also ensure that your current residential address, telephone numbers and next of kin are up to date on our database.
- Please ensure you identify your cultural background.
Care outside normal opening hours
The practice provides 24-hour care for patients, together with an Accredited Locum service that will provide you with home visits in and after hours.
The Locum Service phone number is: 13 26 60
Alternatively, after hours services are available:
|Fremantle After Hours GP:||(08) 9430 8912|
|Fiona Stanley Hospital:||(08) 6152 2222|
|St John of God Hospital, Murdoch:||(08) 9366 1500|
Home & other visits
Home visits are available for regular patients of South Street Medical Centre whose condition prevents them from attending the surgery. This also applies to regular patients that are:
- Acutely ill
- Have no means of transport
A patient can arrange for a home visit if any of the above criteria are met. These calls will be triaged by the Practice Nurse on duty. If the need is not immediately urgent, the patient may call the locum service (9328 7111) and make a booking, the time of the visit will be undetermined.